The Greenville Resource Center :-)
Serving the Residents of Minisink Valley
Hours: Mondays,Thursdays,Saturdays: 10am-1pm
Wednesdays: 6:30-8:30 pm
We rely on donations from people just like you to help pay the bills and keep our
selections up to date.
" You're a "Library ! " You don't need my money!"...Well..here's why we do:
* * We are not part of the NYS Library /Ramapo Library System
* * To be an "official" library you have to have a NYS certified librarian on staff and pay into the system with town library taxes.
The towns in Minisink Valley opted out
of the library tax due to a disproportionate allocation of the tax burden based on property taxes.
As a result the townspeople do not have borrowing use of the Ramapo libraries.
YOU CANT GET A LIBRARY CARD FROM ANY LIBRARY IN THE RAMAPO SYSTEM IF YOU LIVE
IN ANY MINISINK VALLEY TOWN. Try it and see...
* * For a tax deductable contribution that you make you get the services of a resource center along with the help of a staff
made up of savvy and enthusiastic volunteers ready to serve you.
* * Your tax deductable contribution makes possible not only the lending services
and hours, but allows for arranging special events and lecture opportunities. As an example the 4-H club meets here.
* * Have we mentioned we are an official 501C3 tax deductable charitable organization?
You can deduct what you donate in financial assistance to the GRC on your income tax! To find out more send an email to the
library with Donation in the subject line.
FOR BOOK DONATIONS: SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE
FOR TAX DEDUCTABLE (YOU HEARD US RIGHT) CONTRIBUTIONS READ ON:
To donate books just follow the following simple steps:
1) Check your books: We get so many pictures,savings bonds etc. stuck between pages.
2) Make sure they fit the bill: We CAN'T USE : Readers Digest Condensed Books ,
National Geographic magazines, Readers Digest, encyclopedia sets,text
books,dictionaries, booklets associated with the advertising of fads/diets/methods, books
that have mold on them, missing pages, books and magazines that are written in.
Also please no trash,unmentionables etc.
3) Pack the Books: ideally wrap twine or cord around the books and bring them in
bundled like that or use cardboard boxes. PLEASE no plastic tubs or bins unless you take
them back with you.
3) Bring the books DURING NORMAL LIBRARY HOURS. We have the state police right next
door. Phantoms that show up after hours loitering in front of the building dropping off boxes may be questioned
by them. PLEASE donate when the library is OPEN, thank you :)
ITS ACTUALLY BETTER ON YOUR BACK because the volunteers will help you unload .
4) We do NOT take donations of vinyl records(LPs,45s 78s) and VHS tapes. CDs,
DVDs and Blue Ray in good condition in their cases are OK to donate.
5) We do not take cell phones,glasses etc for donation
6) We happily accept clean new kids crafting supplies such as paper,glitter,glue,ink
stamps and stampers, complete sheets of stickers ,crayons etc for our children's crafting
7) Did we say, dont donate after hours? Yes we did. Please ...come during normal
library hours. Thankyou :) ...
"WHAT HAPPENS TO BOOKS YOU DONT USE THAT "FIT THE BILL"?"
--Donated to Kiwanis---Donated for Disaster Relief(Sandy Hook Libraries etc)
-- Set out front on the "Free Books" shelves.--sold to help raise funds
Children's Story Time : Thursdays 12 noon to 1pm